Aspire2Inspire | My visit to my former secondary school in Orange Farm

The first book I read while I was in primary is Nelson Mandela's long walk to freedom. I stole the book from my sister side table and I don't remember returning it😶

In one of his famous quotes Nelson Mandela says "What matters in life is not the mere fact that you have lived, but it is the difference you made in the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life you lead". 

When I was in high school I would always glare at the recently graduated alumni who always came back to motivate us. It was only after I left high school that I realised the true value of these high school visits. 

We come from Impoverished townships. Education is the only way out. However, lack of information, socio economic barriers, geographic location and poverty continue to make it difficult for township pupils to access higher education. 

The main challenge that I am most interested in is the lack of information among high schoolers. This is information regarding different institutions of learning, the different courses offered and any available financial assistance.

On Friday I spent my morning at my former secondary school in Orange Farm where I engaged the matriculants on post matric opportunities. Special thanks to Wits - University of the Witwatersrand and NWU - North-West University for their continued support. 

We all have a responsibility to ensure that township learners have equal access to higher education. It starts today.

If you are waiting to have it all together to make an impact in someone's life you better be ready to wait forever. AspireToInspire🙏  #AccessToEducation




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STORY | Unisa launches an online secondary school

STORY | Nhlanhla Sizani allegedly tricked the police into believing that he was a UN ambassador